Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day!!!!

I thought this might be a good time to actually post something on my blog that I started back in '09. So, why now? I posted exactly twice and one of those I deleted. However, I spent Friday and Saturday in Columbus at the We the People Convention and spent Saturday afternoon in sessions that pertained mostly to facebook, twitter, and blogs. So, since I now have a couple of blogger friends, one of whom actually knows who I am, and they were quite encouraging to the group that not only can you blog, but people will actually read what you have to say, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Who knows, maybe someone besides me will actually read it.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day trying to recuperate in it's various forms. I had a million emails to go through – mostly spam – because my isp decided to pick this weekend to change everything. I'm a little more than miffed at them because I couldn't get any email over the weekend and was unaware of their new system. I hate their new system. I couldn't access the internet during the convention on my iPad except in the hotel. My phone didn't work half the time because I couldn't get a signal in the main room and it was pretty weak beyond that. And here I thought it was us in the rural parts of the state who were supposed to have difficulty getting internet access. Then there was the lack of sleep and too much adrenaline. So many conservatives all in one place. It was great! I learned a lot. Took a lot of notes, and now I'm trying to review and process it all. And catch my breath.

The convention itself was outstanding. Plenty of choices for the breakout sessions and phenomenal speakers for lunches and dinners. Dick Morris, speaker for dinner on Friday night, made it a point to shake everyone's hand. Not just a few here and there but every single person in the room - which was a lot of hands. He took time to meet with leaders of the tea party groups on Saturday morning and had lots of info for them to mull over. Herman Cain spent the weekend milling around talking to people then spoke at dinner on Saturday night. He signed autographs and had a ton of cameras aimed at him. He has a lot to offer if he were to be elected President. He pulls no punches, uses no teleprompters, no notes, and speaks from the heart. He's definitely on my very short list of two. He's a very intelligent man with lots of great ideas about how to get our country back on the right path.

So there it is, finally. Future posts will likely require at least some research. I hate reading blogs that are nothing more than a longer version of twitter. I really don't care what you had for breakfast, and I don't figure many people care what I had for breakfast (Raisin bagel but it was closer to lunch than breakfast). I won't, however, promise that there won't be rants. I love rants. And I'm good at ranting. Maybe we'll see how those rants translate to a blog.

Happy 4th. I hope we'll be able to continue to have great Independence Days well into the future for generations.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, Lori! I hope you stick with it, we could sure use some more blogger support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I'll have to look for some topics to post about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, Keep it up. I'll check back now and then. If you tweet your posts, I'll follow. I just forwarded to a couple more folks.

    Rich Inman (@OurTPorg) Our Turning Point

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rich. Appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete